Sunday, April 22, 2012

A counterpoint to our friends at BC Interruption



I just finished reading two articles written by our friends over at BC interruption and wanted to offer a few thoughts on what I read. First I'd like to point out that I grew up a BC eagles fan and was in fact have been to Alumni Stadium many times including for their first ACC game against Florida State, but after going to Umass for my undergraduate degree I have become a devote Minutefan. While it may seem bold for a first year coach of a first year MAC team such as coach Molnar to proclaim "We want to be the #1 Team in New England" I think it's a good thing for New England football. For one it draws attention to a region that is known more for its ice hockey than its football and it get fans of Umass, BC, and Uconn excited about who is really number one in the region. Second I wouldn't call the Minutemen's opponents "mid-level" as they will be playing Michigan, Florida, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, and Penn State in the coming years, I know these might not be the powerhouses such as Maine, Northwestern, and Army that BC will be facing in the coming years, but they're better than nothing.

BC Interruption can be found here: http://www.bcinterruption.com/

1 comment:

  1. An honorary alumnus of NotrDame (1989 - witnessed the latest natchamp) as well as having attended classes at BC ('87-'88) it's hard for me to be as anti-BC as I am. No. It SHOULD BE hard for me. But it's not. I despise BC athletics. Coach Molnar is no longer at ND b/c it just didn't work-out. He is now at UMass, who is a BC opponent, meaning they are an ally of mine. Until they play ND. But best wishes beating the BC brats.

    ReplyDelete